Artique Conservation board - from Larson-Juhl
‘Artique’ is a fine range of coloured, high alpha cellulose conservation mount boards available in two thicknesses, 1.4 mm and 2.8 mm. The 2.8 mm boards have the same colour at their core as their surface. The 1.4 mm boards have a white core finished with a wide selection of coloured surface papers in neutral, bright and dark shades. Certain colours are available with a surface texture. ‘Artique’ complies with the Fine Art Trade Guild Conservation Level. This assures framers and consumers that their artwork will withstand the test of time and be well protected by the board.
- Made from chemically purified wood fibres, with a high Alpha Cellulose content.
- Lignin free. Kappa number less than 5.
- Only natural, fade and bleed resistant pigments are used.
- Blue Wool Scale reading minimum of 5.
- Buffered with Calcium Carbonate (3-5% by weight).
- Passes the Silver Tarnish Test and Photographic Activity Test.
- Plasticiser free, Calcium Carbonate buffered PVA adhesive
- Chloride below 0.05%; Sulphate below 0.25%.
- Accelerated Ageing Test - Tappi T.509 SU68:
- Un-aged = pH8.9;
- 100 yrs = pH8.9;
- 200 yrs = pH8.9;
- 300 yrs = pH8.9.
- Fully complies with FAT G Conservation Level for mount board.