Pre Specified Display Cases
To make Museum Conservation Grade Showcases more accessible for smaller projects CXD are offering a limited number of showcases in standard sizes. They are specified to suit common requirements of display within Libraries, Museums, Archives and Galleries.
Mostly, showcases fall into one of five types:
- Free Standing Full Visibility
- Floor Standing Wall Mounted
- Wall Hung
- Table Top
- Large area combination/multiple access bespoke designs.
A freestanding and table showcase in commonly used sizes are included in the standard range and prices are available on request. The cases have been specified in a matt finish, dark grey colour which has proved very popular in recent years. Other styles, sizes and colours will be quoted for on request.
Both Showcases are constructed with precision ground mitred glass panels to avoid any distraction from the objects being displayed. They are sealed vapour tight with conservation grade silicone to meet a Museum standard of 0.1 air exchanges per day and offered in Museum standard 8.76 or 11.5 mm UV filtering laminated glass, with a choice of standard or low-iron Optiwhite™ glass for low reflectivity and minimal green tint as found in the standard glass.
- Glass - 8.76mm or 11.5 mm laminated glass with UV protection. Standard or Optiwhite® low iron glass available.
- Conservation - Vapour tight (0.1 air exchanges per day)
- Facility tray - Included.
- Pro - Sorb - Cassette included
- Illumination (Option) -Dimmable fibre optic lighting x 8
- Security: 2 Abloy® locks
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 600 x 600 x 1966mm including adjustable feet
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 1200 x 600 x 1050mm glass height
A selection of Conservation By Design museum showcase installations, case studies and photography.
Click here to view.